Audio Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic Podcast Microphone
RM588.00(Approx. $ 125.91)
- Reviews (0)
AUDIO TECHNICA AT2040 HYPERCARDIOID DYNAMIC PODCAST MICROPHONE
The AT2040 microphone provides podcasters and content makers with everything they need to get started or improve existing settings for a more professional sound.
Enjoy excellent music without worrying about background noise: the distinctive design of this microphone ensures consistent audio quality at a close range without unpleasant pops, and the incorporated shock mount further reduces noises, shocks, or vibrations.
Multiple AT2040 mics can be used in close proximity to provide good vocal separation, thus hosting podcast interviews or collaborations will require minimal post-production editing. The XLR output connects to professional broadcast equipment or interfaces for Mac and PC, making setup quick and simple. The dynamic design gives content creators of all levels with warm, rich, and professional-sounding vocals.
The AT2040 dynamic microphone delivers broadcast sound in a cost-effective design. Despite built for podcasting, the AT2040 can also be utilised for live streaming, gaming, or voice-over work.
Regardless of the application, the large diaphragm element of this microphone produces smooth, natural sound. The innovative internal multistage windshield (comprising foam mesh and a nonwoven pop filter) combined with the hypercardioid polar pattern results in highly directed, tight pickup that eliminates external noises while delivering a warm, classic sound. The AT2040 podcast microphone allows users to record solo or dual vocals while in the same room, so even while recording two-person podcasts with two mics, users will always get exceptional audio pickup.
So, whether you’re a novice or a veteran podcaster, the Audio-Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic Podcast Microphone is a fantastic alternative for less than $100.
The Perfect Podcasting Mic
Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum vocal isolation for professional-quality sound.
The AT2040’s multistage foam mesh windscreen includes a nonwoven filter to allow close-up use without annoying pops.
Quiet, Professional Performance
The mic features a specially designed, integrated shock mount that tames any noise, shock and vibration that might be transmitted through a mic stand, boom or mount.
Why Choose a Dynamic Over a Condenser?
Dynamic Mic Characteristics
- Minimizes room noise – perfect for sonically untreated rooms
- Smooth audio capture with classic warm broadcast sound
- Robust construction with no external power requirements
Condenser Mic Characteristics
- Extremely sensitive – picks up the subtlest sounds in any environment
- Very articulate audio with a detailed high-frequency capture
- Requires external power to operate (phantom or battery)
Dynamic microphones use a diaphragm (1) connected to a coil of wire (2) that surrounds a magnet (3).
The diaphragm is moved by changing sound pressure. This moves the coil, which causes current to flow as it moves through the magnetic field. An electrical signal is then sent to your recording device or speakers which records or amplifies the audio.
Dynamic microphones are extremely durable and can handle very high sound pressure levels (SPL).
- Dynamic microphone delivers warm, assertive broadcast sound that’s perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- Integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- Includes pivoting stand mount, 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
Frequency Response: 80-16,000 Hz
Open Circuit Sensitivity: -53 dB (2.2 mV) (0 dB=1 V/Pa, 1 kHz)
Impedance: 600 ohms
Weight: 615 g (21.7 oz)
Dimensions: 145.3 mm (5.72″) long, 52 mm (2.05″) maximum body diameter
Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
Accessories Included: AT8487 mounting clamp, 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16 threaded adapter, Pouch
Audio-Technica Case Style R13