- Reviews (0)
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 KEYBOARD
Designed for perfect integration with Komplete
When Native Instruments introduced their universal tag-based preset system, the Maschine users here at Sweetwater were absolutely stoked. Now they’ve extended the same capabilities with their Komplete Kontrol S series keyboards. Using the Komplete Kontrol S88’s intuitive browser controls, not only can you call up any NI instrument in your collection, you can select individual presets, narrowing down your search by descriptive keywords. Once you’ve loaded your sound, a set of touch-sensitive controls lets you dial in and tweak your tone on the fly via Native Instruments’ Native Map, and the Clear View display lets you view the instrument’s most important details at a glance.
You’ll love playing on this amazing Fatar keybed
There are a few good reasons why keyboardists and keyboard makers love Fatar keybeds like the one in this Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88. In addition to being extremely well built, they feel fantastic, offering enough resistance so that you can really lay into the keys while recovering fast enough for synth-style repeats. Whether you’re playing a piano patch courtesy of The Giant or a lead via Monark, these keys won’t let you down. For added expression, Native Instruments also gave the Komplete Kontrol S88 a pair of touch strips, which let you pull off mod and pitch-bending moves out of reach for ordinary control wheels. What’s more, the Komplete Kontrol S88’s integration with Komplete 9 and up includes its multicolor Light Guide — a series of LEDs above each key that offers performance feedback and reveals advanced playing features.
Advanced control options enhance your workflow
There are several additional functions onboard the Komplete Kontrol S88 that make playing virtual instruments and writing music even more fun and productive. For instance, you can play chords with single keys or map key ranges to different scales, and the onboard arpeggiator goes far beyond typical arpeggiation, offering you creative new ways to come up with melodies. And to make controlling your DAW of choice simpler, Native Instruments gave the Komplete Kontrol S88 a full set of transport controls.
Includes Komplete 11 Select software bundle
Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards include Komplete 11 Select — a premium collection of 11 instruments and effects. Includes Massive, Monark, Reaktor 6 Factory Selection, Reaktor Blocks Wired, Reaktor Prism, Retro Machines Mk2, Drumlab, Kontakt 5 Factory Selection, West Africa, The Gentleman, Scarbee Mark I, Vintage Organs, Replika, and Solid Bus Comp. Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt 5 Player, and Reaktor 6 Player are also included. Komplete 11 Select is provided as a download after hardware registration.
Komplete Kontrol NKS and more
Native Instruments has expanded the power of the Komplete Kontrol S keyboard series by introducing the Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) plug-in format, adding VST compatibility, and providing new parameter customization options. The NKS plug-in format invites third-party plug-in developers to include support for Native Map, Light Guide, and Smart Play functions right into their virtual instrument. You can also load VST instruments, taking advantage of Komplete Kontrol’s browsing, custom tagging, and personalized parameter mapping for all of your favorite soft synths. And with the new parameter customization control panel, NKS makes it easy to create your own instrument mappings to get ideal hands-on control of your virtual instruments.
- Powerful, great-playing keyboard that gives you unrivaled integration with Komplete Select
- Professional-grade 88-key keybed offers fully weighted hammer action for a full range of natural playing expression
- Tag-based unified browsing across all Komplete instruments lets you quickly find the sounds you want, right from the hardware
- Clear View display shows all the most important details at a glance with easily legible text that you can read in any environment
- Dial in the main parameters of any Komplete instrument, which automatically map to the touch-sensitive controller knobs
- Highly flexible touch strip controls with advanced physics offer a level of expression that goes far beyond pitch and mod wheels
- Create arpeggiated melodies at the touch of a button, play chords with single keys, or map the whole keyrange to scales
- Dedicated transport section gives you full access to your DAW’s playback and recording controls