- Reviews (0)
ADAM AUDIO T5V POWERED STUDIO MONITOR (PAIR)
The T5V is a highly affordable two-way nearfield monitor and optimized for small control rooms.
With its 5” woofer the bass-frequency response of the T5V extends to 45 Hz. The new U-ART tweeter, a breakthrough solution for use in high-resolution recording and mixing on a budget, goes up to 25 kHz and is mated to a precision waveguide with the same dispersion-control attributes as the High Frequency Propagation (HPS) waveguide used in ADAM Audio’s flagship S Series monitors. The waveguide’s highly uniform dispersion of high frequencies provides an incredibly wide sweet spot that frees you from being glued to a rigid mix position while working.
A beveled cabinet with a rear-firing bass reflex port and a small footprint allows placement anywhere in your room, no matter how small, and contains built-in DSP-controlled driver crossovers and equalization as well as multi-way analog connections. Powered with a 50 W Class D amplifier for the woofer and a 20 W Class D amplifier for the U-ART tweeter, the T5V produces SPLs of up to 106 dB per pair.
Excellent acoustic characteristics, small dimensions and an outstanding cost/performance ratio make this studio monitor perfectly suited for use in small control rooms in music, video and broadcast production.
If you need to hear more bottom end, the T5V is compatible with the ADAM Audio T10S subwoofer.
STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
ADAM Audio monitors have earned a worldwide reputation as the preeminent tool for sound engineers based on technological innovations that we’ve established in the field of loudspeaker technology.
- U-ART TWEETER
- HPS WAVEGUIDE
- U-ART 1.9” Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter allows longer operation with fewer signs of fatigue
- Their breakup is prevented by the folded diaphragms, distortions are effectively reduced to a minimum
- Advanced dynamic range due to acoustically effective diaphragm surface that is 2.5 times bigger (compared to a classic tweeter according to the piston principle)
- Direct, fast response in the high-range even with complex transients
- HPS waveguide from S-Series makes dispersion more consistent and imaging more stable over a wider area
- Reduction of early reflections on the surfaces of, e.g. mixing consoles, desks, etc.
- Spacious rear-firing bass reflex port deliver bass reproduction with very low compression
- Unbiased reproduction in a wide frequency band with linear frequency response of 45 Hz to 25 kHz
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction with maximum peak sound pressure per pair in 1 m ≥ 106 dB
- Smooth frequency response without interferences between the drivers in the critical mid-range
- Allows optimal adaptation to acoustically difficult listening environments or individual preferences
- Acoustically optimized cabinet geometry to reduce unwanted reflection
- Optimized for balanced and unbalanced line signals
- Compact cabinet dimensions to fit every desktop
- Reduction of unwanted reflections on the cabinets
Based On Single Pcs
Basket Ø: 5″ (127 mm)
Cone Material: Polypropylene
Diaphragm Area: 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
Equiv. Diaphragm Ø: 1.9″ (48 mm)
Velocity Transform Ratio: 4:1
Diaphragm Weight: 0.17 g
Amp. Power RMS: 50 W
Amp. Power RMS: 20 W
Input Sensitivity: Switchable +4 dBu / -10 dBV
High-Shelf: – 2 dB, 0 dB, +2 dB
Low-Shelf: – 2 dB, 0 dB, +2 dB
Analog: XLR, RCA
Input Impedance: 10 kOhm / 20 kOhm
Frequency Response: 45 Hz – 25 kHz
THD > 80 Hz: 0.5 %
Max. SPL per pair at 1 m: ≥106 dB
Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz
Max. Power Consumption: 132 W
Weight: 12.6 lb (5.7 kg)
Height x Width x Depth: 11.7″ x 7 “ x 11.7“ (298 mm x 179 mm x 297 mm)
Delivery Contents: Power cord, Quick Start Guide