KRK VXT4 4-Inch 2-Way Active Studio Monitor (Pair)
- Reviews (0)
KRK VXT4 4-INCH 2-WAY ACTIVE STUDIO MONITOR
Drawing upon the design characteristics of our Expose E8B, the new VXT Series of monitors consists of three models, the VXT4, VXT6, and VXT8. With a visually striking enclosure design that is equally functional, providing low resonance, improved structural integrity and extended low-end, slotted ports for reduced port turbulence, plus a sleek curvature that provides excellent imaging characteristics and a widersweet spot the VXT monitors achieve a new level of precision.
The domed tweeter (comprised of true silk for fast transient response) and the new woofer design (with its stiffer, lighter cone that provides low distortion and extended low-end) both have vented formers to remove heat and reduce the effects of power compression, enabling these monitors to maintain their sonic signature.
With uncompromising attention to detail that includes tamper resistant switch covers, integrated Omni Mount support and more, the VXT Series is an outstanding choice for a broad range of monitoring applications.
At KRK, our focus has always been to make the most accurate studio monitors available at any price. So when you use a VXT powered monitor, you can be confident that you get the most accurate reproduction of your mix. VXT’s diffraction-limiting curved surfaces, silk-domed tweeter, seamless crossover, and KRK’s trademark yellow Kevlar woofer bring superior audio imaging, outstanding transient response, and amazing detail. For over 20 years, KRK has mastered the art of recording monitors, and the VXT is the culmination of this art. Listen for yourself, and believe!
Radical curves for better imaging. The molded shape of the VXT allows for radically curved surfaces that sound better. Traditional rectangular speakers suffer from diffraction as sounds leaving the edge of the cabinet are reflected back into the sound field causing phase distortion. The VXT virtually eliminates diffraction and delivers excellent imaging characteristics and a much wider sweet spot. There are no discontinuous elements to create diffraction.
Ports Where They Belong. Take a look at competitive monitors and you’ll find ports on the back of the cabinet. These rear-firing ports tend to create bass coupling with walls and corners amplifying low frequency information which will color your mix. The superior design of the KRK VXT include front-firing ports, which are just the right shape to reduce port turbulence. You’ll appreciate the clean and accurate bass performance this approach delivers, even at high SPLs.
The VXT uses high-tech ABS Structural Foam in its cabinet. This material is very rugged and extremely impact resistant, and makes it possible for KRK engineers to create a speaker with no internal parallel walls, thereby preventing sound-coloring internal nodes. This material also has far better damping characteristics than traditional speaker materials which eliminates coloration caused by cabinet resonance.
Revolutionary materials, Revolutionary Sound. The new, stiffer, lighter woofer cone has an extruded aluminum pole piece and vented formers. This improves transient response, reduces distortion and extends low-frequency response due to this lighter, stiffer cone. The aluminum pole piece and venter formers eliminate overheating which improves performance.
Catch A Wave, For A 3D Mix Our recessed silk-domed tweeters provide amazing high-end detail. Our careful design of dome and waveguide geometry coupled to the curved front baffle are optimized for on and off-axis linearity resulting in excellent imaging and a wider sweet spot.
Active Studio Monitor
4″ Woven Kevlar woofer
1″ soft dome tweeter
66Hz – 22kHz (+/- 3dB)
Max Peak SPL
Input Impedance (Ohms)
10 K Ohm balanced
HF Level Adjust
-2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB
LF Level Adjust
-2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB
(-30dB – +6dB)
(on / off)
On / Off
AC Power Input
Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V (50Hz – 60Hz) or 100V (50Hz – 60 Hz)
Power, Clip, Limit
Balanced 1/4″/XLR Combo
Black Textured Paint
Front firing slot port
Dimensions (D x W x H)
10″ (254mm) x 7.34″ (186mm) x 7.48″ (190mm)
14 Lbs. (6.36 Kg.)
- High density / low resonance material giving improved structural integrity and rigidity resulting in an extended low-end response. Allows the internal design to have complex shapes and non-parallel walls, increasing rigidity and reducing internal nodes. ABS also has extremely high impact resistance and excellent damping characteristics which reduces cabinet resonance.
- Facilitates the smooth passage of air molecules which reduces port turbulence at high signal pressure levels. Front ring to avoid wall / corner coupling.
- Eliminating diffraction and phase distortion results in improved imaging characteristics as well as a wider sweet spot at the monitoring position.
- The domed tweeter is comprised of true silk for fast transient response. Silk construction reduces ear fatigue and the tweeter waveguide geometry ensures HF directivity.
- The inter-molecular hydrogen bonds of Kevlar give the cone high tensile strength for it’s light weight. Kevlar also maintains its strength and resilience over a wide temperature range. The lightweight and resilient properties of Kevlar reduces distortion and delivers extended low-end performance as compared to cones made from paper or polypropylene.
- The aluminum pole and vented formers remove heat and reduce the eects of power compression ensuring audio performance is consistent and does not deteriorate over time.
- Adjustment of the LF response is provided to allow compensation for room response and desktop positioning. Adjustment of the HF is provided to compensate for room acoustics or to reduce ear fatigue when listening for extended durations.
- Thermal, over voltage and over-current circuitry is employed in the design. There is also a switchable limiter which will protect the unit from transients in the signal path.
- Allowing the disconnection of the ground terminal to help resolve issues such as hum and buzz caused by ground loops in poorly congured power systems